The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) seeks to protect individuals against interferences with their privacy by regulating the way in which personal information is collected, handled, disclosed, used and stored.
As a boutique recruitment business, Platinum People Group Pty Ltd ACN 618 855 664 (Platinum People Group) understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. Platinum People Group has elected to adopt the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) when handling personal information as a commitment to good privacy practice.
This policy sets out how Platinum People Group aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Platinum People Group and the way Platinum People Group collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’ AND WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES PLATINUM PEOPLE GROUP COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of Platinum People Group’s services, Platinum People Group may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information Platinum People Group collects may include:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which will only be collected with your consent;
- any results of relevant tests in which you participate including but not limited to online testing carried out by Platinum People Group on behalf of its clients;
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation account information; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
In some circumstances Platinum People Group may also hold other personal information provided by you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means, whether at Platinum People Group’s request or at your own initiative.
Personal information may also be collected from a source other than you when:
- you submit an application form or your resume through a third-party website;
- we undertake reference checks by inquiring with, or we otherwise receive references or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any competency tests in which you participate; and
- we undertake a check to assess your eligibility to work within Australia.
There may be other occasions when Platinum People Group collects your personal information from other sources such as an information services provider, your ex-employer or a publicly maintained record, including records publicly available through social media. Generally, Platinum People Group will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
WHY DOES PLATINUM PEOPLE GROUP NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Platinum People Group collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing you with recruitment or work placement services. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate, or otherwise in connection with:
- you being offered employment with a client of Platinum People Group; or
- any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the purposes of assessing your suitability for employment with a client of Platinum People Group.
Platinum People Group may also collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information for:
- administrative and business management purposes;
- marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products, services and training courses that may be of interest to you; and/or
- any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Platinum People Group takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Platinum People Group. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, Platinum People Group may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Platinum People Group discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Platinum People Group collects it. That is, generally, Platinum People Group will only disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the provision of recruitment services or otherwise as set out in this policy. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- clients of Platinum People Group who may be your potential employer;
- your referees;
- other staff of Platinum People Group and other associated entities of Platinum People Group;
- Platinum People Group’s contractors and suppliers;
- Platinum People Group’s professional advisors;
- any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.
Platinum People Group will not disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient.
Platinum People Group may use and disclose your personal information to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Platinum People Group via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Platinum People Group takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Platinum People Group holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Platinum People Group will destroy or de‑identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Platinum People Group is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO, AND SEEK CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY PLATINUM PEOPLE GROUP
Platinum People Group takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up‑to‑date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Platinum People Group. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Platinum People Group holds about you, or you would like more information on Platinum People Group’s approach to privacy, please contact Platinum People Group via the contact details set out below. Platinum People Group will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Platinum People Group requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Platinum People Group may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Platinum People Group for providing access in accordance with your request.
- Platinum People Group will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
If Platinum People Group refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Platinum People Group will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Platinum People Group will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Platinum People Group.
Please direct all privacy complaints to Roland Youakim via the contact details below.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Platinum People Group.
Platinum People Group will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For further information or enquiries regarding personal information that Platinum People Group holds about you, or if you would like to opt out of receiving any promotional communications, please contact Roland Youakim on T (03) 9913 9642 or E firstname.lastname@example.org.